Every year the numbers increase of those diagnosed with Head and Neck Cancer across the North East and Cumbria.
The Northern Head and Neck Cancer Charity aims to aid:
- funding of head and neck cancer awareness campaigns across the northern region – Northumberland, Newcastle, Sunderland, County Durham, Tynside and Cumbria
- funding of equipment or services to improve the patient/carer experience. This can be something as simple as paying the parking for follow up visits to hospital, long stay patients TV costs or utility bills when patients are not able to work. We work closely with the Macmillan team & other cancer specialists at the Freeman Hospital, Newcastle and the Royal Hospital, Sunderland who advise us of special cases
- research and education in the field of head and neck cancer across the northern region.
1 for 3
If YOU have one of these SYMPTOMS for THREE weeks seek MEDICAL ADVICE
- Sore tongue, non-healing mouth ulcers and/or red or white patches in the mouth
- Persistent pain in the throat hoarseness
- Painful and/or difficulty swallowing
- Lump in the neck
- Blocked nose on one side and/or bloody discharge from the nose
RECOGNISING HEAD AND NECK CANCER SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS SAVES LIVES